Job Title: Repair Develop Engineer (Fishers, Indiana Location)
Job Description: Probo Medical is looking for a Repair Development Engineer who will be responsible for developing, improving, and documenting repairs on high-quality ultrasound probes. Probo is an established and growing player in the medical device field. We are looking to hire self-driven and experienced individuals who can grow with us and help drive us to the next level.
About Probo Medical: We re-furbish and resell ultrasound systems and probes worldwide. Probo has been named one of the “fastest growing” and “best places to work” companies, and our company culture is unique in that we truly invest in our people through training, goal setting, and mentoring. We believe that all people are of equal value; to us, employee satisfaction is just as imperative as customer satisfaction. Most importantly, as we have the advantage of working with life-saving medical devices, Probo is honored to give back to underserved communities by regularly donating equipment to need-based organizations. In short, we care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be an active team member of an advanced repair development team who’s focus is to help develop capabilities and efficiencies.
- Highly competent and fluent with technical writing, including but not limited to work instructions, repair and new part qualifications, repair justifications.
- Fluent with Excel, Word, and technical applications
- Be the team’s technical expert on all things electronic.
- Stay current on electrical/electronic technologies
- This is very much a “hands on” position where the individual will be expected to execute, i.e., build and test their own concepts.
- Analyze the requirements, capabilities and performance of many different product sku’s
- Design, develop, and lead tests to qualify new product repairs and to support changes to existing product repairs
- Procure components and services for development of prototype hardware
- Assemble and evaluate the performance of prototype hardware
- Communicate at all levels (electrical and mechanical) regarding the technical details of new and existing products. This includes training the operations team on new or changed processes.
- Manage the company’s equipment, preventive maintenance, and calibration programs.
- Participate in company’s CAPA program and lead all technical CAPAs.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Demonstrates a commitment to maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment. Follows safety regulations and actively contributes to work safety.
- Have a strong understanding of electrical engineering knowledge
- Have a good understanding of mechanical engineering and material properties.
- Have a high level of ingenuity, i.e., capable of thinking “outside the box”
- Strong “hands on” experience with DMM’s, scopes, small tools.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects spanning different disciplines: understanding of electronics, mechanics, materials (RTV, Silicone, etc.)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Be willing to step out of comfort zone and tackle problems and issues that may not be familiar.
- Requires thinking outside the box and resourceful. Need to be able to run experiments in less than ideal conditions and be able to form an educated opinion about the experiment results.
- Ability to read, write and speak English (preferred)
- Ability to extensively use Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Power point, etc…)
- Possess a high level of patience
- Work well in team environment
- Possess great attention to detail
- Precise; detail oriented; deliberate; patient; logical; consistent; factual; pleasant demeanor
- Strong electrical engineering experience and knowledge a must
- Electrical engineering degree a plus
- Similar manufacturing or repair experience.
- Knowledge of Saleforce.com a plus
- Typical production environment in warehouse
- Fast-paced; high-growth work environment
- “Hands-off” management style – must be self-motivated
- There are times of urgency to meet deadlines
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com to apply.
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Probo Medical may include other duties as assigned. Probo Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or handicap.