Job Title: Operations Manager
Job Description: Probo Medical’s growth plans are very ambitious as we have built a successful business and are positioned for substantial growth. At Probo Medical we want excellence in culture, personal integrity and clear vision of “gold standard” products that helps people improve their health and wellness.
Probo Medical is hiring a Material / Operations Manager; the primary responsibility of this role is to manage and lead our Indianapolis, IN supply chain and inventory. This is a management-level position and will answer to the Chief Operations Officer (COO).
Our goal is to have repeatable, accurate and consistent refurbishment of world class products for our customer base. Our products make a difference in people’s lives! If you are interested in being part of a fast growing company, have a passion for creating and managing processes and strive for excellence please apply.
Primary Job Duties:
- Lead and manage shipping and receiving functions.
- Responsible for protecting and maximizing the value of all company owned inventory – probes and systems. This includes our system test beds and loaner inventory.
- Provide detailed progress updates to senior leadership team.
- Responsible for facility, safety and OSHA compliance.
- Identify, plan and execute projects within Probo’s CRM/MRP system to help improve overall operational effectiveness and throughput. Included, but not limited to:
- Creating relevant metrics, monitoring and identifying areas of improvement
- Improving integration and the flow of inventory product between departments
- Managing and scheduling the flow of current inventory and customer repairs through the receiving, inspection, QA, repair and shipping process.
- Work with Sales to identify the most effective sales channels for inventory.
- Aggressively manage inventory turns and repair prioritization.
- Ensuring inventory data and product status are accurate within our MRP system and comply with any quality system requirements.
- Play a significant role across departments in the Continuous Improvement Process. Lead teams through improvement events, document process changes, and quantify the outcome from the improvement efforts.
- Will “roll up their sleeves” and work in the business on the frontline on a regular basis.
- Influence key company decisions and strategy as an integral member of an operations management team.
- Manage supply and procurement of repair materials for the entire operation.
- High attention to detail
- Self-starter able to work independently without much oversight
- Proven experience implementing process improvement and lean operations
- Able to resolve issues, create process improvements and implement solutions thoroughly and quickly.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to manage difficult situations and work well with employees and customers
- Must be able to work in timely and efficient manner to meet customer needs
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively communicate timeline and work load
- Must be able to routinely lift 25 lbs.
- English as first language is required.
- Bachelor’s degree (technical degree or similar)
- 1 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role (Life Sciences industry preferred)
- ISO certification / implementation experience required
- Medical equipment and procurement experience preferred
- Previous management experience required
- Lean and/or Six Sigma training preferred
- SalesForce experience preferred
- Growing company with varied demands
- Extremely fast paced work environment
- “Hands-off” management style – must be self-motivated
- Must embody Probo Medical’s Core Values
Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.