Recommended systems: Philips Affinity 50, GE Voluson S6, Samsung A30, Philips Clearvue 650
The midrange women’s health ultrasound market is the most crowded and most competitive segment of them all. Midrange ultrasounds evenly balance price and performance, which is why they are the best selling ultrasound machines. Midrange women’s health ultrasound machines emphasize image quality and workflow efficiencies while lowering costs by lowering the number of features.
At this price point 4D is still a common feature but 4D frame rates drop and high definition 4D becomes optional rather than standard. Midrange women’s health ultrasounds still offer a wide range of transducers, but without single crystal options. All the brands have good products in this segment.
If fundamental image quality and efficient workflow are your priority then the Philips Affiniti 50 should be at the top of your list for consideration at the midrange price point. The Affiniti 50 looks nearly identical to the premium level Epiq series and borrows much of the same hardware. Also worth consideration from Philips in the midrange women’s health category is the lower priced ClearVue 650 which sacrifices the Affiniti 50’s more powerful hardware and deeper transducer selection in order to lower costs.
GE offers more powerful 4D but a more narrow set of probes and applications than Philips and Samsung in the midrange segment. The Voluson S6 is a scaled down version of the GE Voluson S8 that looks identical on the outside but offers less transducers and features.
Samsung has the Accuvix A30 in the midrange women’s health ultrasound category. The A30 which has good 4D and a broad set of potential applications all at a price lower than GE Voluson S6 or Affiniti 50. If prioritizing price is your priority then the A30 affers a great value for this segment.
What to expect in the midrange women’s health ultrasound category:
- Good to excellent image quality on B/D/C for daily practice
- Good 4D image quality (Optional HD Live or FRV)
- 4D mechanical convex, transvaginal & optional linear transducers
- Biopsy kits for Linear & transvaginal probes
- Wide FoV (Field of View) linear transducers up to 50mm
- Wide FoV Transvaginal transducers up to 200degrees
- Full measurement package for OB, GYN and Breast
- Fully customizable reports
- Connect with EMR, HIS, RIS and 3rd party tools (Sonultra, ViewPoint etc.)
- Fast 4D frame rate (up to 10 volume per second)
- Optional 4D features: HD live(GE), FRV(Samsung), Volume Contrast Imaging
- 4D features: Multi sectional view, Free cut view, oblique view_(Samsung)
- Curved ROI, Fetal heart navigation, STIC
- Fetal heart application including Anatomical M mode