Job Title: Process and Development Engineer
Job Description: Probo Medical’s growth plans are very ambitious as we have built a successful working business model positioned for substantial growth. From Probo Medical’s foundational core values to a clear vision of employee traits, skillsets, and accountability we are looking for the right people who we can position for greatness and excellence to help achieve Probo’s goals.
Probo Medical is hiring a Development Engineer; the primary responsibility of this role is to provide technical leadership, expertise and execution leading to:
- Improved quality within our current processes, and
- The development of new processes and capabilities
We are willing to extensively train the right person through a comprehensive mentor-mentee relationship as well as internal and external learning opportunities.
Our goal is to build a world class operations department centered around an ultrasound probe repair core competency. If you are interested in being part of a high growth company that will make a difference in people lives, have a passion for repairing things and solving issues, and strive for excellence please apply below.
Probe Repair Job Duties:
- Develop and maintain a repair capability roadmap, including the creation of a prioritization scheme and ROI analysis.
- Execute the development, testing and implementation of replacement parts for ultrasound transducers, including the development and execution of verification and validation efforts.
- Develop new repair processes and equipment for transducer cosmetic and functional repair, including documenting the process.
- Identify and execute process improvement for current repair processes, including documenting the process.
- Develop, create, and implement process controls and documentation.
- Training of repair associates on new and revised processes.
- Monitor and report internal and external process quality and department metrics. Lead and execute improvement projects, where appropriate
- Assist department leadership in all troubleshooting.
- Collect, monitor, analyze, and define repair department metrics using robust data and analytics.
- Create, implement and follow appropriate Quality Procedures
- Maintain department equipment and calibration efforts according to procedures.
- Develop a deep understanding of Probo’s MRP system. Implement process improvements within the system.
- Lead the sourcing and stocking process of parts and materials for the repair team.
- Self-starter able to work independently without much oversight
- Proven experience implementing process improvement and lean operations
- Able to resolve issues and create potential improvements in process
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Ability to manage difficult situations and work well with employees and customers
- Must be able to work in timely and efficient manner to meet customer needs
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively communicate timeline and work load.
- Ability to assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and using hand tools and power tools; inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Bachelor Degree in a technical field required. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Process development experience
- Electronics/ultrasound development or production experience preferred.
- Medical equipment experience a plus but not required.
- Lean/ 6 Sigma Training preferred