Job Title: Engineering Technician
Job Description: Probo Medical’s growth plans are very ambitious as we have built a successful working business model positioned for substantial growth. From Probo Medical’s foundational core values to a clear vision of employee traits, skillsets, and accountability we are looking for the right people who we can position for greatness and excellence to help achieve Probo’s goals.
Probo Medical is hiring a Probe Repair Specialist; the primary responsibility of this role is to provide technical troubleshooting support to our probe repair team. We are willing to extensively train the right person through a comprehensive mentor-mentee relationship as well as internal and external learning opportunities.
Our goal is to build a world class operations department centered around the probe repair core competency. If you are interested in being part of a high growth company that will make a difference in people lives, have a passion for repairing things and solving issues, and strive for excellence please apply below.
Probe Repair Job Duties:
- Directly lead all troubleshooting, testing procedures, ultrasound probe repair process and validation, and quality assurance
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration
- Drive repair process documentation and improvement with the goal of being ISO certified by the end of 2017.
- Collect, monitor, analyze, and define repair department metrics using robust data and analytics.
- Assist in implementing a robust quality management system.
- At times be involved with a highly technical R&D team to develop new ultrasound probe repair techniques.
- Source needed components, tools, and parts to complete all repairs.
- Aggressively manage repair scheduling, prioritization, and queues
- Will “roll up their sleeves” and work in the business on the frontline on a regular basis, helping the team repair product.
- Influence key company operational decisions and strategy as an integral member of the operations team.
- Monitor, report and identify improvement plans for external quality metrics.
- Self-starter able to work independently without much oversight
- Proven experience implementing process improvement and lean operations
- Able to resolve issues and create potential improvements in process
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Ability to manage difficult situations and work well with employees and customers
- Must be able to work in timely and efficient manner to meet customer needs
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively communicate timeline and work load.
- Ability to assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and using hand tools and power tools; inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Technical degree required (BS a plus). Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Medical equipment experience a plus but not required
- Ability to work within a “hands-off” management environment – must be self-motivated and accountable.
- Ability to focus in a fast paced environment and handle multiple priorities