Probo Medical’s growth plans are very ambitious as we have built a successful working business model positioned for substantial growth. From Probo Medical’s foundational core values to a clear vision of employee traits, skillsets, and accountability we are looking for the right people who we can position for success and become a key contributor in helping us to achieve our goals.
Probo Medical is hiring an Operations Process Engineer; the primary responsibility of this role is to support and improve our current equipment refurbishing processes helping to drive consistency, efficiency and reduce off-quality. The role will interact with all levels within the organization and report directly to the COO.
Our goal is to build a world class operations department centered on a probe refurbishing core competency. If you are interested in being part of a high growth company that will make a difference in people lives, have a passion for efficiency, likes solving problems, and strive for excellence this role may be for you.
- Lead the effort to capture operational best practices and ensure all operational and refurbishing processes are clearly and thoroughly documented.
- Establish, track and maintain a training program for Operations. The training program should quantify the learning process and validate, through written or electronic means, that training is complete and effective.
- Track and report quality (internal and external), and conduct investigations for all off-quality. Work with department leads to implement process improvements.
- Play a significant role across departments in the Continuous Improvement Process. Lead teams through improvement events, document process changes, and quantify the outcome from the improvement efforts.
- Oversee all equipment and calibration needs, including preventive maintenance of all testing equipment.
- Assist with R&D work to bring new technologies and new capabilities to Operations. Provide engineering interface to contracted engineering support team.
- Participate in customer visits and all audits. Prepare for the visits and facilitate the best possible outcomes.
- Lead efforts to improve Probo’s inventory and ERP system.
- Create, implement and maintain relevant Quality Procedures
- Execute and or Lead technical projects as directed by Mgmt.
- Participate on the Company Safety Team. Lead safety related projects as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 2+ years experience in the Life Sciences or other regulated industry.
- Proven, successful experience with Continuous Improvement
- Strong organizational skills and good time management
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical approach to Operations
- Good attention to detail
- Self-starter able to work independently without much oversight.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in timely and efficient manner to meet customer needs.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively communicate timeline and work load.
- Must be able to lift and carry packages weighing 25 lbs.
- Must be able to move freely around Probo’s work areas.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Fluent computer data entry skills. Outlook, Salesforce, Google Drive, etc.
- Medical Device manufacturing and/or quality experience
- Lean and/or Six Sigma training
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Probo Medical may include other duties as assigned. Probo Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or handicap.