Job Title: Accounting Assistant (Tampa, FL) — Note: This is for our MedCorp LLC office in Tampa, Florida.
Job Description: We are looking for a friendly, outgoing, persistent person to perform a variety of AR and collection related tasks, maintain and cultivate relationships with customers, and support our company’s revenue cycle management efforts. The successful candidate will be well-organized, have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), be comfortable on the phone, manage time effectively, and be able to work independently, with minimal guidance.
About Probo Medical: We repair and resell refurbished ultrasound equipment worldwide. Probo is one of the fastest growing companies in the Midwest, and our company culture is unique in that we truly invest in our people through training, goal setting, and mentoring. We believe that all people are of equal value; to us, employee satisfaction is just as important as customer satisfaction. Most importantly, as we have the advantage of working with life-saving medical devices, Probo is honored to give back to underserved communities by regularly donating equipment to need-based organizations. In short, we care about the world we share.
Accounting Assistant Job Duties:
- Perform and/or coordinate a range of invoicing and collection duties, including:
- Customer invoicing
- Auditing/reviewing customer account records
- Researching and reconciling payment discrepancies
- Application of customer payments
- Processing credit card payments
- Processing customer returns and issuing credit memos
- Investigating customer non-payments
- Participating in the coordination of the collection process of outstanding accounts
- Adjusting customer accounts as needed
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures for customer credit, invoicing, and collections
- Assume reception duties when primary receptionist takes lunch or goes on vacation
- Carry out the daily AR collection and monitoring efforts, including past-due collection calls
- Liaise with members of the sales team in order to understand the nuances of customers’ businesses, creditworthiness, and order history with Probo Medical in order to enhance collection efforts while exercising due care for customer relationships
- Execute and refine processes to ensure timely, regular, appropriate, persistent communication with customers carrying balances
- Seek resolution for all customer accounts receivable
- Maintain detailed, accurate documentation of customer communication and collection efforts, including pertinent information obtained during customer interactions
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have an upbeat, positive, and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to work with customers while maintaining a pleasant demeanor
- Ability to use confidential or sensitive information in a professional manner to achieve collections targets/goals
- Must exercise discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company and customer information
- Must be timely and responsive
- Must have the ability to multitask
- Must be willing to positively contribute to our culture
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable on the phone
- High attention to detail
- Minimum Associate degree; or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
- Minimum 3 years of collections/AR experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and intranet/internet
- Fast-paced, high-growth work environment
- “Hands-off” management style – must be self-motivated
- Fun environment with a focus on accountability and results
To apply, please send resume and salary requirements to [email protected].
Learn about our company culture and mission here!